Bishop of Edmonton: Rt. Rev. Dr. Jane Alexander
Parish Priest / Rector: Rev. David Tiessen: david[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
Associate Priest: Rev. Joanne Webster: joanne[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
Filipino Anglican Congregation Priest-in-Charge: Rev. Eric Kregel: eric[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
Honorary Assistant: Rev. Paul Bachmann
Lay Readers: Stacey Buffie, Dawn Ritz
Office Manager: Tracey Ross: office[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
- Tracey is the primary administrator for the office, managing Facility Bookings and coordinating the involvement of the many people who participate in Sunday Services, Coffee Hosting, and other events. During COVID-19 office hours will vary so please be in touch by email or phone to the church office.
Support Staff: Darlene Rannells: darlene[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
- Darlene is the 'office gofer', offering general administrative support on an ad hoc basis, and in particular functioning as our backup Envelope Secretary or onsite Office Staff as needed.
Music Director: Evan Thomas: music[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
- Evan is our Music Director, planning and coordinating musical initiatives such as the Music Collective, and leading Sunday morning music.
Sunday School Coordinator: Tracey Ross: tracey[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
- In addition to her work as Office Manager, Tracey also coordinates our Spark Sunday School programming, and is our principal teacher for kids grades 1-6.
Treasurer: Shirley Combden: treasurer[at]stmatthiasedmonton.ca
Envelope Secretary: Carole Belamisca
Altar Guild: Nancy Clark; Dawn Ritz
Anglican Church Women (ACW)
Vestry & Churchwardens
- The members of Vestry are elected by the congregation at the Annual General Meeting of the Parish held in the early part of each calendar year. The purpose of Vestry is to attend to the overall health of parish life, from worship to community-building to the building itself. Vestry members are elected for a two-year term. Vestry members for 2018 are:
- Dony Alex (elected 2019)
- Kathy Carlson (re-elected 2020)
- Marilyn Firmson (elected 2020)
- Angela Heath (elected 2020)
- Jonathan Kidmesen (elected 2020, representing the Filipino Congregation)
- Gary Liddell (elected 2019)
- Val Nathanson (elected 2019)
- Cecilia Sibayan (re-elected 2020, representing the Filipino Congregation)
- Bonnie Woolnough (re-elected 2020)
- In addition, the Vestry is comprised of the clergy of the parish and the Churchwardens as follows:
- Glenda Batchelor (Rector's Warden, re-appointed 2019)
- Doug Aird (People's Warden, elected 2019)
- Shirley Combden (Assistant Warden, elected 2020)
- The Parish Corporation is comprised of the Rector of the Parish along with the Rector's and People's Wardens. The Corporation gives particular attention to the day-to-day operations, financial and physical, of the church. It is responsible to the Vestry.